Tuesday 31 January 2012

Nails, Nails, Nails!

I've always had a pang in my heart for nail polish, nail designs, nail art and just nails in general!
I believe the colour of nail polish you wear sums up your personality in so many ways.
There are daring and risque colours like bold red and blazing yellow, yet there are softer colours like pale peach and baby blue. Nails can also correspond to the outfit you are wearing. Wearing pastel colours can mean you can add a pop by wearing a bold nail polish or a dark one, and if you're wearing dark colours like navy and black, you could wear a brighter colour like red or do the opposite of the last and wear pastel colours.
I am not however, a big fan or acrylic nails. In my opinion they look awfully tacky, unless short and natural looking with a small amount of gloss. Any added jewels or chains or whatever people put on there nails today are just pointless and will probably end up getting caught and being ripped off anyways. The opposite of 'Nailed It' in many ways...
I adore simplistic designs like easily done polka-dots and even just the odd coat of gloss or shine to give a touch of perfection to your look.
I do find myself painting my nails too often, ending up smelling of nail varnish remover from past failed attempts (insert extremely worried face here) seeming like a solvent abuser. To be honest, I don't see the big craze with french tips or certain brands. To me, a good nail polish, is a good nail polish, no matter the price (unless it's a ridiculous amount) or the reputation!


I always pay attention to people nails, I cannot ever understand how some people can bite there nails down to little stubs, it must hurt like crazy, especially with the added fact that you can't slick more than one drop of nail polish on those tiny, tiny slithers!
 I love naturally long and oval shaped nails with a high-gloss finish.
Simplicity is key.
Nailed it.



1 comment: